WIndows 10 JAMI cannot send message to Raspberry Pi JAMI

Hi,
Recently i have installed JAMI 64-bit in my PC and installed JAMI on my Raspberry Pi 3 (ARMHLF).
I created 2 separate accounts, 1 for Windows and another for Raspberry Pi.
I was able to find the contacts between PC and raspberry Pi with the user with a green indicator.

My PC JAMI was able to receive the message from Raspberry Pi while Raspberry Pi JAMI cannot receive any messages from JAMI. A red cross was shown on the Raspberry Pi JAMI chat box even though the PC receive the message. Both are running on WIFI and running on the same network.

I think the PC JAMI and Raspberry Pi JAMI was not able to establish connection. Is there anyway i can troubleshoot or provide me with pointers on how to resolve this issue?

the raspberry pi version you are using seems extremely old.

Do you mean jami can’t run on raspberry pi 3?

it should (however rasp 4 is recommended). Just that your version is not recent at all. You should update or rebuild from sources

Thanks a lot guys. I bought a raspberry Pi 4 and i am able to communicate successfully. I was testing out the video call with Logitech C922. Video Feed is working great. Unfortunately i do not see any change in the input volume meter when i talk to the microphone through Logitech C922. is there any settings i need to change to enable the input from the webcam microphone?

Not that I know of. I’d recommend double-checking that the right device is selected in Jami’s Media settings (per your screenshot) as well as checking the pulseaudio settings using a tool like pavucontrol and make sure the mic isn’t muted there.

Thanks bandali for the feedback. Unfortunately, jami that was working so well, is unable to send anymore messages out similar to my first post (in this case I’m using Raspberry Pi 4). I am not able to send any message out, but i can receive messages. Looking at the logs i saw " no response from DHT to E2E request".

Is there anything i can do to check why it is behaving as such?

Logs in the sharelink below:
[https://wdc.box.com/s/5xkgb0vafdo43eb5lq5g5tvjuo0u731j]

Blockquote
[1623826911.648|19693|jamiaccount.cpp :3196 ] [Account 7495cac83d300b0b] [message 8316960615840826] Put encrypted ok
[1623826915.718|19689|connectionmanager.cpp:279 ] no response from DHT to E2E request.
[1623826915.718|19689|ice_transport.cpp :448 ] [ice:0xac00c410] destroying

Cheers, and thanks @zhiling0229 for the logs. I’m not sure off top of my head what the issue may be.

Can you please also share the exact version number of Jami you have on you Raspberry Pi? (you can get it by clicking on the small button on the top left with the blue Jami icon, and clicking on “About” from the menu that opens)

I looked through our bug trackers, and saw these two related bug reports:

It seems that @sblin made two changes ~2 months ago to help improve the situation, but I’m not sure what the current state of things is at the moment. @sblin any thoughts or updates on this?

@bandali thanks for replying. This are the information for my raspberry Pi OS and JAMI version.
Appreciate your help on this.

Distributor ID: Raspbian
Description: Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)
Release: 10
Cdename: buster

Linux raspberrypi 5.10.17-v7l+ #1421 SMP Thu May 27 14:00:13 BST 2021 armv7l GNU/Linux

JAMI:
“Together”
built on 2021-04-17 09:08:14 UTC

1 Like

your version is old.