Troubleshooting Jami setup in LAN

I tried this today. Did not help in my case. I had suspected that some machines on my LAN had their networks marked as “private” while some were “Public”. I converted them all to “Private” but with same result.

Since these machines are in different rooms of the building, they are connected through different switches and as such show different network names viz. “Network 2”. Should I try making them the same?

Between all of this, I also tried out Tox, which is supposed to work on the same technological principle (right?). I attempted it using the qTox client across two systems that aren’t communicating through Jami, and guess what, it happily communicates using qTox. But, I don’t quite like the qTox interface and the steps to create video-conferences seem complicated enough that it will not get the popular vote.

What else can I try? In another thread, I read that one can log the Jami actions (Bug report guide · Wiki · savoirfairelinux / jami-project · GitLab). What exactly should I look for in those logs?

I do not want to abandon this, please help me!