Audio during screen share

Is it possible to share audio on jami?

1 Like

What do you mean by ā€˜share audioā€™?
talk : yes
send an audio file to someone : yes (like any other file)
create a server containing audio files and leave it open : not at all IMHO (Jami is serverless to begin with, which is an intentional feature so that nobody can ā€˜cut the serverā€™ -this has consequences, one of them being that both you and your counterpart must be connected to the network at the same time)
Now, I heard there are many new and recent developments within Jami, allowing to create discussion groups, for instance.
This last feature I donā€™t master, and maybe one MAY use it to upload some audio file and then leave the group while (maybe?) the file stays here. But on this, I definitely donā€™t know.

I donā€™t know what @jay meant, but it is maybe to share the audio of the computer, for example share the audio of a video when you are sharing your screen.

1 Like

If thatā€™s the case, maybe using JACK as audio-server would be a good approach.
Iā€™ve seen that Jami (in Arch) has JACK support (apparently, still very incomplete or buggy) but even without that you can use PulseAudio in ā€œbridge-modeā€ over JACK and generate JACK I/O ports for PA that you can then connect as you wish. Iā€™ve been using that setting for a couple of months now, maybe even a year, and works fine.
Just an idea.

1 Like