[BUG] conversation not syncing on mobile device

Ok, linked my existing desktop account to my mobile (iPhone SE first edition running iOS 14.01) but when texting on my desktop Jami, the conversation on the mobile didn’t update and vice versa…

Hello,

This is a known issue / feature request, and the Jami team is working on implementing message synchronization across devices, along with group messaging. You can check the progress and potential updates at https://git.jami.net/savoirfairelinux/ring-daemon/issues/311.

1 Like

Good to know you guys and gals are working on it.

Cheers!

1 Like

How long before the sync feature is implemented? Anyone have a idea?

This feature is part of the swarm chat feature. This will take some months to finish, but a good part is already available via review.jami.net and conversation sync is already a part of this

And this means what exactly? That the standard 1 on 1 or group chat already has conversation sync or that that’s part of the plan as well?

the new logic is the same for a group with only 1 person, 2, or many and is already implemented in the patches that provides the group chat features. So it will come at the same time.

@sblin am definitely looking forward to it. I did look at the link provided by @bandali and I see that you state there is a lot of work to still be done on it. Any idea of when this will be finally implemented? Summer 2021 maybe? I will say that this feature is the thing holding me back from adopting Jami fully. Look forward to any updates whenever you are able. Thanks.

1 Like

@sblin could you please share some more details on what the challenges and solution with this feature is? I realize that this is a complex issue and difficult to get right. I’d love to hear an explanation of the difficulties involved. I’m assuming there’ll be a blog-post announcement when it’s done too? This must surely be your must-requested feature, right?

I already wrote a lot of things and you can check these links

I’m assuming there’ll be a blog-post announcement when it’s done too? This must surely be your must-requested feature, right?

Yeah for both questions (and I think several blog post)

a blog from january 2021 about it

1 Like