Custom configuration

Am interested in creating a test environment (only) with Jami configured in a closed/private DHT network with no data sent to Jami servers or other nodes/clients/services outside my control.

It will consist of a persistent desktop “client/server” with a couple of mobile clients. I had a brief read of “Using Jami on a LAN” and my questions are:

• Can all clients mobile and desktop have their Jami service addresses fully overwritten in config (e.g. the ns, bootstrap, turn.jami.net address)?
  • To avoid using the name service or turn service, leave it blank or use 127.0.0.1?
  • What should I configure the bootstrap to on the desktop “client/server”? It’s essentially the networks bootstrap.
  • Importantly I want avoid all clients or data failing back onto the “public” Jami network and services. Is this possible with config alone, how is this best done?

If you have setup experience in this area I’d appreciate your advice. Cheers.

1 Like

OpenDHT allows to specify a network id. Nodes with different network ids won’t talk to each other.

1 Like

Just a few information:

https://docs.jami.net/en_US/user/lan-only.html

Now

• Can all clients mobile and desktop have their Jami service addresses fully overwritten in config (e.g. the ns, bootstrap, turn.jami.net address)?

cf docs I posted

• To avoid using the name service or turn service, leave it blank or use 127.0.0.1?

you can keep default for ns and disable turn

• What should I configure the bootstrap to on the desktop “client/server”? It’s essentially the networks bootstrap.

you can configure any dhtnode of you network. Not that if any node is connected to the public DHT, every node will connect to public

• Importantly I want avoid all clients or data failing back onto the “public” Jami network and services. Is this possible with config alone, how is this best done?

should be possible via config

1 Like