I am stuck on “Downloading conversation from peer”.
This is the third time I’ve installed Jami in a four year span and each time when tell people my username and they invite me, I get stuck on “Downloading conversation from peer”
I really enjoy the vision however, it seems that it won’t work if it won’t work. The strange thing to me is that I don’t see many people with my issue yet I’ve had this issue each time I installed it. I only saw two other posts related to this topic and each “solution” did not work for me.
- I am on Android and have even turned on all permissions on my phone for this app.
- I’ve tried enabling TURN.
- Tried enabling local peer discovery.
- Tried enabling Stun.
- Tried “syncing” with a video call like mentioned in the other thread on this topic (Stuck on “Downloading Conversation from Peer”).
- When making a video or audio call, it just hangs up immediately after attempt.
- Tried stopping and restarting the app.
- Also, not using a VPN for this app.
There doesn’t really seem much else I can do so I come here and ask for any more advice.
During earlier attempts I saw a message that said there was “No Network Connectivity”. I do have connection.
I had this post in Developer forum and deleted because I think this forum is the more proper place to post.