Hide self view image

Hello.
I am using Jami for research purposes and would require the self view to be disabled. How do you achieve that in Jami?

Cheers

Hello,

Do you mean disabling your camera during a call? If yes, that’s possible.

Or do you mean just hiding your camera preview just for yourself?

I appear to be doing similar, how do i completely hide my camera, when i turn off or disconnect the camera a black rectangle remains on the screen

I believe this is not possible at the moment unfortunately. However, I have an issue/task for it at least for jami-gnome, and I plan to eventually get to it:

Ok thanks for getting back to me I appreciate all the work you have put into the system it’s great.

1 Like

Was wondering if there has been any movement on this? Hoping to be able to do a call, leave video on, but turn the self view window off. that way your window only has the far end.

Thanks. great product.

Hi,

I sadly have not had any time to work on this, as more pressing changes and more urgent bugs have been taking priority. I’ll give this more priority and try implementing at least a proof of concept for this in jami-gnome (since that’s the Jami client I mainly work on) in the near future and will give updates on the progress.

Thanks!

1 Like

Note that it’s possible in a rendezvous / conference, there is options to change the layout and show somebody in big. With video-split it should be waaaaaaay better, as all clients will be able to change without changing the layout of the others.

The OP was made THREE YEARS AGO, yet this requested feature has NOT been added. Why?

The option to Hide Self View window overlay (not disable the camera/video, which STILL leaves a blank/black window over top of the remote video) is VERY MUCH a needed feature, ESPECIALLY for broadcast video producers like me. So many news outlets now use internet remote video calls today instead of dedicated satellite uplinks and remote video crews. Jami needs to join the party with the ability to go full screen WITHOUT chrome, overlays, etc. It’s ALMOST there! Just let us hide the self view and remove the blue outline around the remote video and professionals like me will be ecstatic!

The suggestion to set up an account as a Rendezvous Point in order to gain the ability to edit the Layout, which DOES allow one to hide the self view, is NOT a viable workaround, because the layout is a GLOBAL effect, NOT a per-account/caller effect. That is, when someone configures the Layout, ALL participants get the SAME layout. NOT good for remote interviews where the remote caller needs to see the host caller full screen and the host needs to see the remote full screen (again, no chrome, gui, overlays, decorations, etc.)

PLEASE make the SAME Layout editing options for Rendezvous Point calls fully available in non-rendezvous point calls, ASAP! I need this NOW for a production next week. I’ll even take a Beta version to test for you.

Thank you!

PS: A free product called TrueConf has a REALLY neat feature… you can drag ANY video call source OFF the main interface on to a second monitor and it becomes its own, undecorated window that you can maximize and then go full screen. PERFECT for broadcast news interviews, etc!