Installation in Ubuntu 22.04

I followed the installation instruction for Ubuntu 22.04 to install the repository. I very carefully copied each step from Download Jami for GNU/Linux but it appears there is an error with the Index of /nightly/ubuntu_22.04 jami main portion as when the install step is executed a malformed entry error are reported:
E: Malformed entry 1 in list file /etc/apt/sources.list.d/jami.list (Component)
E: The list of sources could not be read.

Does any one know the correct entry for this file?

If you carefully follow the steps, it’s this step:

sudo sh -c “echo ‘deb [signed-by=/usr/share/keyrings/jami-archive-keyring.gpg] Index of /nightly/ubuntu_22.04 jami main’ > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/jami.list”

So the content of “/etc/apt/sources.list.d/jami.list” is “deb [signed-by=/usr/share/keyrings/jami-archive-keyring.gpg] Index of /nightly/ubuntu_22.04 jami main”

Rather than get embroiled in copying and pasting stuff into the command line I simply asked Ubuntu 22.04’s GUI software installer to install Jami for me. Thankfully it did so using Snap and the Snap contains Jami version 20221220.0956.79e1207.

I have come to really appreciate the simplicity of Snaps and the isolation they impose via containers.

Thank you for your kind assistance. You have correctly identified the problem and all jami is now working.