Realisable project?

Firstly as I am new, Hello everybody and thank you for Jami’s product :slight_smile: :pray: .

I have a project I’m working on, and I d’ont enought understand Jami and P2p2 with DHT networks to know if it can effectively work !

I would like to create Jami’s node with Raspberrys (typically Rasp 4), with a DHT server and a bootstrap server installed on every node.
The goal is to have a completely decentralized network on with, to enter, you have to specify the address of anyone you know which is already connected.

I already read that it could pause problems for leaving the network, and if I understand well, bootstrap is used for enter and leave, so if the person which bootstraped you leaves before you it, you cannot anymore !

Could you please give me your opinion ?

Thank you by advance :wink: !

There is plenty of doc about DHTs on Internet and https://docs.jami.net can help you

I don’t really understand what you mean by your project but:

• Jami can be built on rasp 4
  • DHT server doesn’t really make sense, call it node
  • each Jami account already runs a DHT node integrated.
  • A bootstrap is just a node running h24, you can bootstrap on any node of the network, so you can bootstrap on nodes run by a Jami account (that’s what “Auto connect on local network” will do)
  • A bootstrap is an entry point. Used to discover the network

I already read that it could pause problems for leaving the network, and if I understand well, bootstrap is used for enter and leave, so if the person which bootstraped you leaves before you it, you cannot anymore !

No

­> The goal is to have a completely decentralized network on with, to enter, you have to specify the address of anyone you know which is already connected.

This is basically Jami. You start, you use the hash to contact someone.

Have a nice day

1 Like

Thanks a lot for this anwser :slight_smile: :pray:

Have a nice day too !