Register username

Hi - when I started Jami (on Ubuntu Focal) and set up my account, I could only do it by unselecting “register username” (when I selected it then “next” was greyed out).

After setting the account up that way I was surged again to register, as the account only exists on my device. In the “account” preferences when I type a username, the text box becomes red, and gives a pop-up message “lookup unavailable, check your network connection”.

As far as I know there are no network problems. Could it be that I’ve missed a setting / box to tick?
Thanks!

Are you sure this is not a matter of asking for an username that already exists?
I mean, if when creating your account, you ask for such an existing name, then (a) the username box is red and (b) you cannot click ‘next’ : below, see that part of the dialog (here in French language)

(‘next’, in French ‘Suivant’, is greyed then turns green if I try ‘johndoe333’ for instance)

So maybe you created something but then you added an already existing name?

I’d restart the process insisting until you find an username that is not already existing. For instance, if ‘amwink’ already exists, you may try a_m_wink or the same with upprecases, etc.

Hi - when I started Jami (on Ubuntu Focal) and set up my account, I could only do it by unselecting “register username” (when I selected it then “next” was greyed out).

Was this with a blank username?

Otherwise, basically what @Herve5 said.

If you are pretty sure that you chose a unique username, and you can’t register it, it’s either a bug or a network problem.

After setting the account up that way I was surged again to register, as the account only exists on my device.

By the way, registering a username does not store your account anywhere else. It will still only be stored on your device. Usernames are an optional feature that lets you choose a human-readable, unique name that maps to your Jami Id. (Just so you know you would still need to back up your account yourself.)

Thanks for the replies! But unfortunately no, it happens with whatever I type, also with random strings that could not possibly be an existing user name. When I hover the mouse on the little traffic sign I get the message above in a tooltip:

username

hi and this is a known issue due to snap due to ssl errors. We are actually in the process to validate client-qt on the nightly channel so it will take a while for the next stable to come. So 4 solutions: