Retrieve Jami account from former root drive?

Hey all, hope y’all are doing well today.

I had my former linux install break out of nowhere the other day. Some important files got removed and the filesystem slightly corrupted, but I can still force it to mount. I’ve got a new install on a different machine, and I’m trying to get my jami account onto it. I’ve tried to chroot into it and start jami from there, but it was giving some problems. So my question is, what files do I need to copy from my former drive onto my new one?

I was trying to look through the developer documentation, but couldn’t seem to find information on this subject. One thing I wanted to point out is that on the developer documentation said that I would find my profile in .local/share/jami/xxx/ but that jami directory doesn’t exist for flatpaks, they’re located at .var/app/net.jami.Jami/data/jami/xxx/. Anyways, is transferring that xxx directory enough? Or is there a better way to do it?

And another question is that is the name of xxx completely random? On the broken drive, I had jami installed on an arch chroot and also flatpak, but the names of the xxx directories are different for both.

Thank you for your time!

1 Like

But yeah for flatpaks it will be different.

1 Like

xxxx is an accountId which is random yes

1 Like

Thank you!! It worked!!!

To those reading this in the future, I just moved the config and accounts/data folder from my old drive to new and it worked. From linux to linux, not 100% sure if this would work interchangeably with OSX and windows. I’ll list the folders and their locations below

Account & Message History
Native linux install:

~/.local/share/jami/

Flatpak install:

~/.var/app/net.jami.Jami/data/jami

Global Configuration
Native linux install:

~/.config/jami/

Flatpak install:

~/.var/app/net.jami.Jami/config/jami/

1 Like