Still connected message

I had the following behaviour twice. Once last weekend and once a few weeks ago…

I’m trying to have a video call with family far across the ocean. The initial connection is not reliable and cuts after a few minutes. Or the image does not show up, or the sound does not work… And instead of waiting for the initial caller to call again, they call back. In the end, we achieve to setup a video call without problems. A few hours later, when shutting down the computer, the system notifies me that Jami is still running with an open socket and ask me to confirm that I really want to shut down.

In both occurrences, the initial communication was difficult and automatically or manually interrupted after a few seconds because of technical problems. In both situations, as far as I remind, the correspondent called back instead of waiting and both sides tried to connect simultaneously.

It’s the same like phone coll breaking down

Yes, but with a phone, the line becomes busy and you can’t reach the recipient. Apparently, it does not matter for Jami, apart from consuming useless computer or network resources. And surprise the user…